Taylor :

"People haven't always been there for me but music always has."

Saturday, February 25, 2012


taylor-swift-kevin-mcguire.jpg

Kevin McGuire, an 18-year-old New Jersey high school senior, asked Taylor Swift to accompany him to his prom and built up tons of Internet support for his offer. Unfortunately, Swift can't make the prom -- but she had a counter-offer: Swift on Friday (Feb. 24) asked McGuire, who is battling cancer, to be her date for the Academy of Country Music Awards.

"Kevin, I'm so sorry but I won't be able to make it to your prom," Swift writes on her Facebook page. "But I was wondering, the ACM  Awards are coming up. Would you be my date? Love, Taylor."

"Obviously I said yes," McGuire tells the Cherry Hill Courier-Post. "[It's] a lot better than the senior prom."

McGuire is undergoing treatment for leukemia at Childrens' Hospital of Philadelphia.

Taylor and Kevin will step out for the ACMs on April 1 in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment